Empaths are affected by others’ energies, emotions and often physical pains.
They can often know the intentions of people and they hear the heart as they can feel what the other people feel. They don’t necessarily read the future but they can read people.
‘Cool’, you might think – but if left unprotected empaths can often suffer from constant fatigue, headaches and unexplained aches and pains.
Empaths feel more comfortable in the spiritual word and often struggle here on the Earth plane.
It is very important if you are an Empath that you stay grounded as floating around in intuition is not really useful to anyone.
It is very easy for Empaths to become overwhelmed.
When we are not grounded we can become psychic sponges absorbing the emotions and energy that can pollute us. When we are grounded we have a stronger sense of self and can recognize that that emotion/pain is not ours and let it go.
Empaths are often connected to nature and find much peace from it.
I believe at some level we are all born as Empaths but as people disconnect from themselves so they disconnect from others.
How do you know if you are an Empath?
- Are you sensitive to noises as though they go right through you?
- Is it difficult to be in very crowded places?
- You can tell how others feel before they say anything?
- Do you feel a great connection to nature and animals?
- Do you have an overwhelming desire to help others?
- Are you drawn to healing?
- Do you see past the surface illusion and hear what the heart is saying, so you are not reactive to what people say?
Controlling your Empathic Nature
Since this is something we cannot turn off, how do we manage it so it does not control us?
I know when I cleanse and seal my aura daily and this makes a huge difference. I can still feel the energies – I just don’t take them on.
- It is vital that you stay grounded. This is something I have to work on constantly as I am constantly drawn to the spiritual.
- Nature is an empath’s best friend and spending time outside is vital.
- Grounding exercises also help with panic, anxiety, stress, being overwhelmed.
I wish you peace, empathy, grounding and love.
Love & blessings, Karen Ellyard.
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these.
- Gautama Buddha
Grounding is a spiritual term, referring to centering your soul in your body, and in turn, connecting it with Mother Earth.
When these connections are strong, it can help you feel safer and more in touch with the earth and Mother Nature.
Click this link to experience a Free Grounding Guided Meditation.