Meditation can be used for many things, including; Increased connection with your true-self, to reduce stress, for spiritual growth, to calm a busy mind, for creative inspiration… and for Healing.
Self-healing in Meditation can be very powerful, with many individuals using it to overcome pain, dysfunction and disease.
Medical research is lagging far behind the accepted benefits from those who have experienced its power first hand, but as it’s an individual experience, what a doctor tells you what will and won’t work is irrelevant.
When meditating with healing in mind, it is important to set your intent before you begin. It clarifies your purpose, gives direction to your practice, and lets the universe know what you want to achieve.
Healing With Meditation
The Color Healing Meditation
We are not just our physical selves. We are multi-dimensional beings, composed of an Inner Spirit, a mental body, an emotional body, a vital body, and a physical body.
The energy of these bodies becomes progressively subtler from physical to spiritual. Illness begins with disharmony in one of these energy bodies. If not harmonized, the disease moves inward, affecting the denser bodies, ultimately manifesting as physical illness.
Total healing requires restoring harmony to all of our bodies. This meditation is designed to cleanse and harmonize your various bodies with the healing energies of color.
Color healing meditation will provide you with cleansing, balancing, & healing at all levels: Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, Vital, & Physical. It also will develop concentration & visualization abilities.
Color Healing Meditation
1. Sit comfortably with your eyes closed.
2. Visualize a large ball of radiant Golden light a few inches over your head. Visualize that ball of light slowly descending through your crown, filling your entire being with golden light.
3. Imagine yourself absorbing that light as it nourishes, cleanses & heals your whole being – your Spirit and all of your bodies – dissolving all blocked and toxic energies.
4. Repeat this exercise, visualizing a ball of Red light. Continue through the entire spectrum like this, visualizing a ball of Orange light; Yellow light; Green light; Blue light; Indigo light; and Violet light. Go through the spectrum at whatever pace feels appropriate.
5. Take some time to visualize yourself in a state of perfect, radiant health.
Don’t let the simplicity of this Color Healing Meditation fool you… It can be very powerful. Setting intent and dedicating regular time for practice can ease minor discomfort, give insight into the true cause of pain, and indeed, as has been proven anecdotally by many, to cure dysfunction and disease.
Of course, always consult a medical professional… but look for one with an open mind!