Boundaries are important in all areas of our lives as they are a statement that we respect and honour ourselves enough to set one.
It is important to set boundaries in all of our relationships.
So if you are working with spirit, in any capacity, it is vital that you set boundaries for this also.
Spirit is drawn to those that can communicate and if we don’t set boundaries we can get bombarded constantly. No one like to be on call 24 hours, 7 days a week!
When working with spirit we are in control and need to exercise that control and set the boundaries that we need.
Examples of Spiritual Boundaries
As examples only, I will share with you some of the boundaries I have set and encourage you to set the boundaries that honour you.
- I don’t read for family. This doesn’t always go down well, but sometimes spirit shares what the person ‘needs’ not ‘wants’ to hear. Often it can be a case of shoot the messenger and I don’t want that antagonism to come into family relationships.
- I have also asked spirit not to show me things I can’t do anything about. I don’t need to tap into the energy of something that might be going to happen if there is nothing I can do about it as it is just too distressing.
- I also set a boundary that I was not to be woken in the night with messages unless it was something I needed to attend to during the night. It can wait until the morning.
- My bedroom is also off limits as this is a personal space I am not prepared to share.
- When on holiday I asked not to be disturbed to give myself a chance to recharge.
Boundaries empower us
Spirit is excited to connect, but if you set a boundary they will honour it.
We all deserve to be respected and honoured in all aspects of our lives. This is something we do for ourselves.
We need to let go of the outcome as we are not responsible for other’s reactions. We need to take responsibility for our lives.
I wish you peace, love and boundaries that honour you and others.
Love & blessings
Be faithfull to that which exists within yourself.
- Andre Gide