A guest post by Karen Ellyard.
I would like to talk to you about symbols in your dreams.
One thing we need to understand about symbols is they can mean different things, depending on the person, where they see it or how it was used.
Having said that – here are a few starting points that we can ponder.
- Water in a dream usually signifies our emotions. Notice whether the water is calm, stormy, flooding, drying up.
- Snakes often get a bad rap as people often think they are negative, but it can be linked to varying emotions. It can represent our kundalini energy and its awakening or can also mean renewal.
- Babies can symbolize new beginnings or new emotions.
- Money relates to our finances. Giving it can show generosity whilst hanging on to it can show meanness or fear of lack.
- Boats and sailing symbols again leads us to notice what the water is like. If it is smooth we are lucky and will move forward on something positively. Rough waters can indicate something negative can be coming our way and to pay attention so we can avert it.
Falling from the boat into water can indicate great fear over something we don’t feel is going to be good for us.
- Clouds can indicate negative emotions we need to pass through. Are they breaking up or dark and gloomy?
- Nudity can mean different things depending on how it is used. If you are embarrassed it may mean you are hiding something and afraid of being found out. It can mean you are exposed and feeling defenseless. If you find yourself naked at work or at school it may mean you feel unprepared.
If no-one else notices your nakedness it can mean your fears are unfounded and you are making something out of nothing.
If you are proud of your nakedness then it can show you are proud of who you are – or are going about being noticed in the wrong way.
- Being chased is usually connected to feeling anxious and not confronting the situation but running from it. Pay attention to who is chasing you.
- Falling usually means you feel overwhelmed and out of control.
Again, you need to pay attention to how the symbol is used, where and what is happening to you.
I wish you joy, peace and sweet dreams.
Love & blessings
A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul.
- Erich Fromm